Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Big Race


Well I did it!! One of my life goals I can mark off my list.. I ran a half marathon today and it was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be.. The weather couldn't have been better, not too hot and not too cold. My friend Carrol ran the race with me and it was nice to have a partner for some of the race at least. I have never ran for 2 straight hours before and let me tell you it puts a toll on your body! I am praying I can walk in the morning and make it to Sunday school! Oh also it was armed forces day and they had a competition by the track which we had to run by not once but twice. There had to be at least 200 Air Force guys watching you run by clapping and probably thinking we were crazy for running that far. But let me tell you that was very uncomfortable when you have a ton of people on both sides of the street just watching you. :) I guess that's what I get for running on an AF base.
Well it was hard but I am glad I did it but I think I will stick to running 5 and 10k for a while. I am also thinking about maybe doing a biathlon next month. That's just running and then you bike. I also would love to get a triathlon under my belt but I am not a strong swimmer. We will see..
Oh and yes I got third out of the girls.. On base they award the top 3 male and females. It might look impressive but really not too many girls showed up. :) Cole has another award he can add to his trophies..

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I always want to run in the races but when it comes down to it I am just not that motivated. Yay for you. Maybe we can do a short race together some day.

    ReplyDelete